Monday 16 September 2013

Imperfect (another older blog)

So, I figured I'd get this out of the way sooner rather than later: my disclaimer.


After reading back another post I wrote on another forum (which was written on a hectic day; attacking a few shelves in the kitchen which - if truth be told - had begun to appear like they might be breeding alien life forms, as well as warding off the ever growing pile of washing. All the while, of course, caring for my wee baby who happened to think the world was ending if I so much as vanished from view for a minute) I realised that, without writing a whole book, I will probably never post anything that is a complete and 'correct' as I would like.

For example: in that post I mentioned dolls and trucks in relation to girls and boys toys, without clarification that I do not personally see these toys as being either feminine or masculine. I was just going with the assumption that society tends to hold about such toys. Was this a faux pas on my part? Perhaps. I think I see it more like laziness. Being quite honest; I simply don't have the time or energy to edit every post I write to make it as 'correct' as I might like, or others might think I should. So, I guess I'm saying; bear with me, I am not perfect; I am merely an explorer in my own mind, within a crazy world. And I welcome comments, as long as they're not, y'know, telling me to get back to the kitchen where I belong. Seriously, you haven't seen me in the kitchen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment